Monday, April 7, 2014

Praise Report

So today I stepped out of my comfort zone. I know it may not be a big deal to you guys, but it was to me. Therefore, I am going to tell you my story, however, it will be very succinct.

As I posted earlier Charis has left to America. Normally every Monday afternoon we go to the hospital and color with the children. At first we tried to color at pediatrics, but it didn't work out. Most of the children were really sick and had no energy to color. So we started coloring with the children over at the surgery ward. (Now it is mostly mothers who come, but at least we are making someone happy).

With Charis being gone I had to go and color alone. First of all, I am a shy extrovert. I'm not very outgoing, however I will talk to you if you talk to me. Second of all, I hate doing many various things alone. In short, I really didn't want to color without Charis although I knew I should. There was a mental warfare raging as I tried to talk myself into going to color with the children. 

I prayed long and hard, then sucked it up and walked over to the hospital. As I walked I prayed that God would send one of the kids who have been at the hospital a long time to help me. As soon as I walked through the fence Madini, my fake son, came running towards me. I was comforted by his presence although I knew he couldn't help me call all the children over. Another kid was waiting for me at the spot we usually color. Soon, one by one, people started coming. I didn't have to call anyone over. God did the work for me. Let's be real, I would have colored with my son and the other kid and be perfectly fine. I would have told myself at least I came to color and leave good enough alone, but praise God He is strong in my weakness. I had to take initiative and He helped me the whole way through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment